Sunday, October 2, 2011

LiveValuation Publisher Resigns

From Ann O'Rourke, MAI, SRA (Appraisal Today):

San Diego, California- the Publisher of LiveValuation Magazine resigned on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 after last-minute negotiations to purchase the magazine failed. Ernest W. Durbin II was the publisher of the national monthly valuation magazine since its inception in May of 2009. The sole owner of the publication is Aman S. Makkar who recently closed his Appraisal Management Company AppraiserLoft. The magazine was a separate entity.

LiveValuation Magazine launched in May of 2009 featuring articles written by leaders in the residential real estate valuation industry. The magazine has been well received and is known for its creative design and thought-provoking content. Durbin attempted to purchase the assets of the magazine and continue publishing it with its current staff, when terms could not be negotiated; he resigned as publisher earlier this week.

Durbin states, "I have really enjoyed the publication space. Many of the authors and advertisers are my friends or have become my friends. I can't speak to the longevity of LiveValuation Magazine but as publisher I was surrounded by real thought leaders in valuation. I trust that the authors I worked with will find other avenues for their valuable insights."

No comments:

Post a Comment